Sunday, June 16, 2013

Kade's Dark Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans Book 1) Review

Kade's Dark Embrace
Immortals of New Orleans Book 1
Kym Grosso
 
Reviewed by ~Alice~

 
 
**Mature Content Advisory**
Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual situations and language.
 
Book blurb:  After a series of girls are murdered on the cold streets of Philadelphia, seasoned Detective Sydney Willows is forced to work with the very sexy vampire, Kade Issacson. Together, they search for a killer relying on allies, vampires, werewolves and witches alike. As they fight for their lives and love in the heart of the Big Easy, will they give into their intoxicating passion if they survive?
 
**REVIEW**:  Overall, this book was just somewhere in the middle for me.  I didn't hate it enough to quit, but found myself struggling to keep reading it.  Don't get me wrong, the storyline was intriguing; but I could immediately tell where the plot was headed.  I kept hoping for that twist that would have my jaw dropped and head spinning, but it never came. 
 
Another weak point for me was the personalities of the main characters.  I hate to say it, but for almost the entire book I found them quite annoying.  There really was no depth to them other than something thrown in at the last minute about Sydney volunteering at the children's center and her love for cheesesteaks.  It felt forced and out of left field. 
 
I think my least favorite part of the book though was the romance between Sydney and Kade.  It felt rushed and it was missing the emotional connection aspect that I really enjoy exploring when I'm reading.  It practically went from zero to married in less than a week. 
 
It's not all bad though.  My favorite part?  The sex scenes!  So steamy and XXX rated it will leave you wanting to take a cold shower ~ yum!  
 
  
3 of 5 Fangs

No comments:

Post a Comment

PNR Junkies on Facebook