Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Her Mad Hatter (A Kingdom Novel) Review

Her Mad Hatter
A Kingdom Novel

Marie Hall
Reviewed by ~Alice~
 

 
 

**Mature Content Advisory**
Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual situations and language.

Book blurb:  Alice is all grown up and the newest resident of Wonderland, where the Mad Hatter fuels her fantasies and thrills her body with his dark touch.

The Mad hatter may have a voice and a body made for sex, but he takes no lovers. Ever. If they're to have their happily ever after, Alice is going to have to find a way to change that...
 
**REVIEW**: I came across this while searching for free books on my Nook.  I took one look at the cover, read the blurb and knew it was something I would enjoy.  I love all things Alice in Wonderland, including that SyFy version with Caterina Scorsone (if you haven’t watched it, get on it!).  Anything that is a fresh and modern take on a classic fairytale and I’m in.  This book did not disappoint!
 
It was a quick and captivating read with just the right amount of mature adult content.  I loved the storyline and the world this author re-created.  It was similar to the Wonderland of our youth, but with new and exciting discoveries from Hatter’s perspective. 
 
She did a fantastic job capturing the true quirkiness of the Hatter.  I enjoyed his nonsensical ramblings and quotes from Poe.  Even when he was at his darkest, locked inside his mind, there was still something attractive about him.  Alice was just as likeable and I enjoyed the fact that she wasn’t a typical blonde-haired, blue-eyed replica of the original. 
 
The only negative, that I found, about this book was her reference to Alice ’s widow’s peak, which was mentioned about a dozen times.  I also believe that the storyline needed a little something more, maybe a villain other than the emotional one? 
 
Overall, I LOVED this book.  I would recommend it and plan on reading all the rest of the series.


4 of 5 Fangs

No comments:

Post a Comment

PNR Junkies on Facebook