Monday, October 7, 2013

Branded: Fall of Angels - Book 1 Review


Branded: Fall Of Angels - Book One


By: Keary Taylor 

Reviewed by: Rogue


You can get this book here & the link below the first is for all 3 books.





Book Blurb:
"Jessica’s had the nightmares for as long as she can remember. Nightmares of being judged for people who have died, of being branded by the angels. Her friends and family think she’s a crazy because of it all. Yet she carries the mark of the condemned, seared into the back of her neck, and hides it and herself away from the world. But when two men she can’t ignore enter her life everything changes, including the nightmares. The two of them couldn’t be more different. She will do anything to be with one of them. Even tell him the truth about angels, why she never sleeps, and the scar on the back of her neck. But one of the two has set events into motion what will pull her toward her own judgment and turn her into the object of her greatest fear."




My Review:
I felt very confused reading the first half of this book. Parts I had to read over just to make sure I actually got what the author was trying to say. (Please note: I confuse easily) Don’t get me wrong, the editing is pretty darn good. It was just how the story flowed, but in the end it all tied together & made total sense. Now, I have never read a book where angels came into play, so this was definitely interesting & neat to see how they play the role in this story. To be totally honest, it felt a little Romeo & Julietish reading it. (Read the book & you will see why – total swoon moment too) Another thing, I feel as this Emily character served no purpose. I mean yeah, she had the “story” as the lead character, but really, she in my opinion was pointless. The love interest, he made me swoon. Totally left me wanting a man to make me bacon & eggs & be my hero. Alex & Jessica seemed like an ideal couple. Young love at its finest folks. Now, the naughty evil guy….I wish he was more sinister. You want something you can’t have, go to more of an extreme. Again, in my opinion there could have been so much more in that one section of the book to make it just amazeballs, but overall it was alright. One good thing I thought the author did was make you want to have that young love again, it made you want to believe in love at first site. That in the end love triumphs all. There are more books to this series, and the big question is, would I read the others? Yep, I sure would! Why? I want to see what happens to Sal, Alex, Jessica, Emily, & Cole. The author definitely did her job in wanting you to know what happens after the book ends, it left me wanting to know the who, what, when, where & why. One last thing, there is no sex – but there is love. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

PNR Junkies on Facebook