Monday, August 18, 2014

Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
By: Alisha Ashton
Reviewed by: Storm
 
 
Get it here:
 
 
 
Blurb: Skye Faden has had a crappy decade. Seriously. She survived nearly ten years of torture, then escaped and killed the vampires responsible for the deaths of her entire family. She should - by all rights - be free to spend the rest of her days on a warm, sandy beach somewhere.

Unfortunately, those plans are quickly derailed by a bite-happy werewolf. With just a few days until the full moon and her first transformation, Skye has no choice but to accompany her ADHD-prone handler, Miko, to Scotland in search of answers.

Faced with a supremely sexy ancient werewolf (woof!), a hushed prophecy about how her arrival will trigger a war, and a handful of unexpected new supernatural abilities, Skye is in for one hell of a ride. As the shaky truce between the breeds races toward its abrupt and violent end, she must unlock the mystery surrounding her identity and uncover a secret of betrayal that has been kept for over 4,000 years. Piece of cake, right?
 
Review: When I first started reading this story, I thought that it wasn't going to be something that I would enjoy. As I kept at this one I was very glad that I kept at it because I SO enjoyed this story.. The characters are great! Skye is badass, Taran is a sexy and lovable man, and Ciaran...he is the character that I LOVED the most. Every character is well thought out and the story lines are very easy to follow. My only trouble in the whole book was following the Highland accents. They were written much different that what I have been used to in the past but it wasn't something that took away from the story at all. I certainly hope that this will be a series because I truly enjoyed the characters throughout the story. I look forward to more books from this author in the future.
 
5 out of 5 Fangs
~Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment

PNR Junkies on Facebook